Education and Economic Development
Surathkal, Mangalore – Karnataka
- Maire Tecnimont Center for Research on Waste Recycling and Circular Economy created at the National Institute of Technology, Karnataka – Surathkal (NITK) campus by Maire Tecnimont Group through Tecnimont Private Limited
- To provide scholarships to 16 students (by income, merit and gender balance) in the financial year 2021-22 in various streams
- Financial support includes scholarships and contingency grant for Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) Master of Science (M. Sc.), Master of Technology (M. Tech), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) qualified, Pre-Final and Final year B.Tech students of NITK, and Final year M.Tech students of NITK
- Scholarships will be provided to students engaged in the circular economy sector for carrying out research and work in the field of energy transition and green chemistry
- Partnering with the top engineering establishments like NITK would help exchange knowledge base between the Group and the institute
Partner: National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal (NITK)
About this project
Tecnimont Private Limited has sponsored scholarships to 16 students (mandatory support to minimum eight girls to promote gender balance) at National Institute of Technology, Karnataka – Surathkal (NITK) under the programme “Maire Tecnimont Center for Research on Waste Recycling and Circular Economy” in 2021-22 for their research and pioneering work in the field of energy transition and green chemistry. The financial support includes scholarships and contingency grant for B.Tech/M.Sc., M.Tech, Ph.D. qualified, Pre-Final and Final Year B.Tech students of NITK, and Final Year M.Tech students of NITK based on parent’s financial status, educational merit, and gender balance index.
Last year, Tecnimont Private Limited also funded the project for the realization of a GPS Biogas digester at NITK. The activities were carried out also by two students that received the scholarship in 2020-2021.The biogas pilot plant is dedicated to promoting research and improving energy self-sufficiency within the campus.
The scholarship programme is designed to perform research on the Biogas Plant which would help students and the institute to promote ‘Green Waste Energy’ at a national level in India.
The National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) Surathkal, one of the premier institutions in India, supports research and development activities through its quality technological education. It offers 9 Bachelors, 28 Masters, and Doctoral Degree programmes. NITK is governed by the Board of Governors and is ranked 13th among top engineering institutions in India, as per NIRF ranking in 2020. It has partnered with Tecnimont for providing scholarships to students and a bio-waste recycling pilot plant at its campus.